It’s that time again, the asparagus season has started and there are still some winter vegetables lying around! What could be nicer than preparing a delicious dish of wintry pumpkin and the first spring-fresh asparagus. We have chosen a particularly delicious recipe for gnocchi in pumpkin sauce with fried green asparagus. This dish is not only incredibly delicious, but also looks beautiful. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
Gnocchi in pumpkin sauce with green asparagus – a delicious and easy recipe
Today I want to share with you a simple but delicious recipe for gnocchi in pumpkin sauce with green asparagus. The ingredients for this dish are simple and you can easily recreate it at home.
It’s an easy and delicious recipe for the whole family. Gnocchi are small dumplings made from potatoes or dough, served in a delicious pumpkin sauce with fresh roasted green asparagus. A perfect lunch or dinner meal, this recipe is easy to make at home.
You won’t believe how good pumpkin sauce and roasted green asparagus taste together! This combination of sweet and savory is just perfect. Pumpkin sauce is one of my favorite fall dishes, but it also tastes delicious with the first spring vegetables. The perfect combination of sweet and savory. The aroma of pumpkin and asparagus combine to create a wonderful taste experience.
Try it, you will love it!
if you like our gnocchi recipe, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- vegan chickpea zucchini curry
- grilled zucchini and carrot fritters quick and crispy
- roasted vegetable noodles with cashew pesto
- Vegetable skewers from the oven
- baked kohlrabi with sesame and veto
- healthy vegan quinoa vegetable soup
Gnocchi in pumpkin sauce with green asparagus
- 500 grams gnocchi from the fresh food counter
- 1 Hokkaido pumpkin or butternut
- 3 tbsp. native olive oil*
- 300 ml vegan whipped cream*
- 1 Onion
- 2 clove of garlic
- 130 ml White wine
- 250 grams Asparagus green
- vegan Parmesan* or parmesan
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 small Bunch of sage
- rocket optional
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the pumpkin, cut in half and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Roughly chop the pumpkin and mix in a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the pumpkin on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes.
in the meantime:
- Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus and peel the lower third if necessary.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water (seasoned with salt and a little sugar) for 2 to 3 minutes and then cool under cold water.
- Pick two leaves from the sage and set aside. Fry the remaining sage for the topping in olive oil over medium heat and then drain on kitchen paper.
- Make sure that the oil does not get too hot, otherwise the sage will turn ugly brown.
- Peel and dice onions. Peel and coarsely chop the garlic.
- Boil salted water for the gnocchi.
- When the pumpkin is soft and slightly caramelized on the edges, puree it in a blender or with a hand blender, along with the 2 reserved sage leaves and the cream.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Fry the onions in it. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Deglaze with white wine and let it boil down a bit.
- Add the pumpkin cream, heat up and taste.
- Place the gnocchi in the gently boiling water until they float to the top.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and briefly sauté the asparagus. Lightly salt and pepper.
Arranging and serving:
- Add the gnocchi to the sauce with some grated Parmesan and toss in it.
- Place gnocchi in bowls or on plates. Place the asparagus on top.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley, grated Parmesan and deep-fried sage.
- Serve with a simple leaf salad and fresh baguette!